SMOAD for Unified Communications
Cloud, mobility, management and collaboration are the underlying themes of Unified Communications. Voice and Video, the fundamental building blocks of Unified Communication is highly network dependent and this is where SMOAD plays an important role as it makes Unified Communications (UC) reliable, available, secure and scalable.
SMOAD is a Software Defined Network (SDN), which enhances the existing WAN to accommodate the diverse communication needs of an enterprise. SDN assumes a lot of significance as UC is delivered from the cloud and the complexities multiply. Most migrations from legacy systems to cloud-driven UC have failed when the underlying network was left untouched.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the future of UC and that can be driven only from the cloud as the underlying infrastructure and data needs of AI are huge and cannot be driven as an on-premise solution. SDN architecture fueled by SMOAD is the right infrastructure to power UC from the cloud, where the inefficiencies of the hub and spoke model is removed and allows access to UC directly at the branch level.
Why SMOAD SD-WAN?
- SMOAD allows organizations to regain control of their IT activity while maximizing user experience of their UC infrastructure from the cloud.
- SMOAD allows organizations to unlock the power of UC by making use of multiple public and private links and avoiding the expensive MPLS WANs. It makes use of Internet broadband links to provide the UC experience with technologies like jitter buffers, per-packet load sharing and forward error correction.
- SMOAD offers QoS by prioritizing date traffic, when it comes to Voice and Video as these are mainly bandwidth and network dependent. QoS policies are pre-defined and are deployed across all the edge devices in the network. These can be based on built-in application recognition and prioritization of traffic.
- SMOAD does integration of mobility and social as a part of UC on the fly.
- SMOAD can help add new sites by one click provisioning by downloading and activating the configuration by registering with the network orchestrator.
- SMOAD brings in mobile aggregated redundancy ensuring that UC is available at all times.