Top 5 Solutions for Slow Internet at home
Tips that work to resolve slow internet issues at home
Nancy was all geared up to watch her favorite reality show on an OTT platform. Her excitement turned so cold when she faced continuous buffering that she decided to change the service provider. Well, many of us face the same problem with slow internet connectivity at home making us wonder if we have compromised at one point of time or other by choosing either a slow connection or the wrong router. If you are sailing in the same boat, here are some tips that can help you get your internet connection back on track.
Fixing buffering issues: Videos are buffered by streaming devices to give you continuous video experience. If the streaming is not smooth your viewing experience is compromised. Sometimes, an unknown or unwanted app could be stealing your bandwidth compromising the performance of the streaming app which requires real time network performance. It could even be something like your laptop or your phone downloading and installing an automatic update! Whatever the issue, some actions you can take to fix the problem are listed below.
1. It is commonly believed that signing up for high speed internet can resolve the issue, but the buck does not stop there, the DNS server could also be a reason. Poor signal can be attributed to slow connectivity. Choose a service provider who provides high speed internet in your locality with on demand data upgrade option. You can play high resolution games and watch high definition videos simultaneously without seeing white circles on your screen.
2. Choosing the right Wifi router is the key to top notch internet connectivity, there should be no compromise on this front. Use of a dual band Wifi router that offers 5G network is the best choice. For example, SMOAD network devices are perfect for the home and 5G ready too. Using the right routers can help with 99.99% uptime.
3. Anti-malware and antivirus software can protect your device from malicious software. Post cleanup the internet speed is increased significantly.
4. Routers with inbuilt firewall and security can secure your network from hacks. SMOAD Beetle comes with inbuilt firewall and content filter.
5. Switch to a wired connection temporarily if your wireless connection is disrupted due to obstruction or frequency issues. Try with wireless connection a little later.
Trying these tips sure helped Nancy improve her viewing experience a great deal. You too can say good bye to slow internet connections with these simple adjustments.