How is SD-WAN contributing to the Logistics Industry?
The logistics industry is dealing with remote geographies requiring demanding networking solutions. With the requirements of the employees and customers evolving by the day, so is the constant need to stay connected. Today businesses are looking for faster speeds, intelligent connectivity and high-capacity pipes to reach last-mile customers. It is no more a challenge with new gigabit connectivity that delivers lightning speed bandwidth at an affordable price. Yet the problem does not end here. The key is to connect multiple assets like the cloud, data centers and branch offices to deliver broadband speeds at an affordable price.
Legacy businesses depend on MPLS at 1.5 megabits per second. SD-WAN has revolutionized the logistics business, creating an opportunity to unlock the new gigabit last-mile. Transiting from MPLS to SD-WAN can be graceful with hybrid configurations. SD-WAN traffic can be routed across your new broadband or legacy MPLS.
Rise of SD-WAN
Analysis shows that the SD-WAN market touched $6 billion in 2020. The lack of network literacy has forced many companies to avoid SD-WAN, fearing deployment issues that could cause hurdles in security, performance, staff training, etc.
Why should you use SD-WAN in the logistics industry?
- Popularity: The prominence of SD-WAN has increased multifold in recent years, thanks to its effective connectivity even in challenging geographical locations. Whether it is single or multiple sites, SD-WAN is the option.
- MPLS is an expensive connectivity solution with limited bandwidth for good connectivity. On the other hand, Integrated SD-WAN can leverage in-country connectivity with the help of multiple providers, thereby assuring higher bandwidth through an overlay on the existing connectivity at a cheaper cost.
- If you are looking for agile and affordable networking solutions, SD-WAN is the right option. It adapts to the changing environment making the organization resilient. Embracing SD-WAN is the best way to transform your business to reach newer heights.
- Applications bear Service Level Agreements (SLAs) while passing through site routers. SD-WAN ensure the traffic routed meets SLA requirements. For high priority traffic, it increases the capacity by passing packets via VPN.
- SD-WAN performs centralized sharing of network policies in an efficient way. It gives no scope for manual and site router programming errors for enhanced security.
Enterprises are benefiting through extended network connectivity to vehicles. In-vehicle deployment has changed the way business is perceived. Not just for business, but police and fire services too are benefiting immensely from SD-WAN. The mobile nature of the network has overthrown obstacles in connectivity, Quality of Service (QoS), cellular signal strength and network session persistence. SD-WAN comes with cloud management, LTE broadband connectivity, dual modem docks, in-vehicle routing and more to put an end to your worries.
In-vehicle SD-WAN requires the highest network flexibility and resilience. When a vehicle is parked near the headquarters, WiFi as WAN is used to save cellular data, particularly to offload video. SD-WAN routers switch to the cellular carrier during an emergency as the vehicle drives away from the WiFi range. Banks using ATM vehicles find SD-WAN a suitable solution to process financial transactions with secure & seamless failover.
SMOAD and SD-WAN
- SMOAD offers innovative SD-WAN solutions with intelligent path selection in an affordable manner. Traffic can be routed based on signal strength, latency and jitters to ensure maximum uptime.
- When one LTE link slows down, the technology picks up another LTE connection to transport data smoothly. Only less critical traffic is left in the primary link to prioritize top priority traffic.
- Auto tunnelling technology moves the VPN tunnel from one interface to another instead of building a new one. It ensures zero time loss during the transition.
- The network policies can be configured ahead of time, saving money and time when multiple links are used when the need arises.
Call for a demo!